Friday, January 16, 2009

More nimble than Mathletes?

Over the years I've endured my share of mockery picking apart my nerdy high school days. Everyone gets tortured a little bit while trying to find their identity, but I did a particularly good job of making it as awkward as possible. "How?" you ask? Dungeons & Dragons? No...well, yes, but even worse... I played chess. Not your casual game either, I'm talking about varsity tournaments all over the country. Seriously. I have the trophies to prove it.

Personally, I think that chess gets a bad rap. We were not all smelly, anti-social losers. Granted, most of us were, but not everyone. And I have proof. Take a gander at this article from the world's most trusted news source, The Miami New Times.

See? Told you. You stand corrected. Now if you'll excuse me, I believe there's a Harry Potter marathon on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment